The following instructions are being provided to you in order to make the committal and booking process on the day you report to the Page County Jail more simple, smoother, and more expeditious. By following these guidelines you are playing a vital role in making this procedure less confusing.
The date and time you are to report to the jail has been assigned by the sentencing court. Do not be late! Tardiness will be reported to the court and we (the Jail) may deny your good time which will result in a longer incarceration for you.
Personal Items, Property, Money, and Clothing
Delayed Confinement Reporting Instructions
We allow you to have the following:
One wedding ring (must be of modest size and have no decorative stones)
One necklace of religious nature (must be of modest size and have no decorative stones)
White or gray undergarments (t-shirts, socks, and underwear) that you are wearing at the time you report you will be allowed to keep. (all other undergarments must be purchased from the jail canteen)
White or gray cotton sweatpants or white or gray cotton sweatshorts that you are wearing at the time you report you will be allowed to keep. (all other outer garments must be purchased from the jail canteen.) You will not be allowed to keep anything on your person other than the clothing items listed above!!! Therefore, please do not bring your wallet, cell phone, keys, tobacco products, extra clothing, etc., with you when you report.
All currency and change you have on your person when you report will be put into your personal inmate account. While you are incarcerated, anyone may deposit money into this account in the form of cash or money order. No personal checks will be accepted. The funds on your account may be used to purchase items from the jail canteen
Medical or Mental Health Condition
If you suffer from any chronic or acute physical or psychological ailment or you are taking any medication, whether they are prescribed or over the counter, YOU MUST make arrangements to see the jail nurse 5 business days prior to reporting date. This is critical in providing you with the care you need while incarcerated.
visitation & inmate contact
Contacting an Inmate
To send written correspondence via U.S. Mail to an inmate at the Page County Jail, please address it as follows:
c/o Page County Jail
108 South Court Street
Luray, VA. 22835
Inmates have access to telephones and are allowed to make phone calls from 6AM-11PM EST. All calls are made via Pay-Tel Communications and are collect.
Please contact Pay-Tel Communications (1-800-729-8355) if you are having problems receiving calls from an inmate.
Inmates are allowed to establish financial accounts at the jail that may be used to purchase personal and snack items from the inmate canteen. Any funds sent to inmates must be in the form of cash or money order only (NO PERSONAL CHECKS). Canteen deposits are accepted 24 hours a day seven days per week.
Visiting an Inmate
* Visitations Guidelines and Procedures:
* Visitation is held on Saturdays from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. for inmates in A, B, C, and D blocks (general population inmates).
* Visitation is held on Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. for inmates in E block (trustee, work release, and work detail inmates).
* Each person requesting a visit must call the Jail (540-743-1236) between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. to schedule an appointment for Saturday or Sunday visitation.
* All visitors must present a government issued photo identification before being permitted a visit.
* Visitors must be appropriately dressed: no revealing shirts, blouses, pants, shorts, or dresses.
* Inmates on disciplinary detention are not allowed visits.
* Any person that does not arrive on time for their scheduled visit may lose their opportunity to visit.
* All visitors are subject to search.
* All handbags, book bags, back packs, etc., are to be left in the vehicle.
* No tobacco products of any kind may be brought into the jail. Tobacco use is strictly prohibited in the general area outside the jail. Visitors who violate this tobacco policy may have their visit terminated.
* General population inmates are scheduled a 15 minute, non-contact visit. Visitors will view the inmate through a glass portal and will be able to converse with them by means of a hand held receiver/transmitter. Work release and work detail inmates will be scheduled a 15 minute contact visit in the booking area. Inside trustees are scheduled a 30 minute contact visit in the booking area. Parents/guardians of small children are responsible for ensuring they act in a respectable manner. Parents/guardians may have their visit ended if they are unable to control the children they bring.
* Any visitor caught interacting or communicating with an inmate before or after the visit in any manner may be criminally charged and permanently denied visitation privileges.
(18.2-473.1. Communication with prisoners. - It shall be unlawful for any person, other than the jailers or custodial officers in charge of prisoners, to communicate without authority by word or sign with any prisoner confined in a state or local correctional facility. Any person violating this section shall be guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor).
Captain Randall Williams
Lieutenant Dominika Seal